My Two Cents

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

BIRTHDAY SONG

Someone sent me this link. It's pretty, cool, actually.

The idea, as they presented it, was to be able to look up which song was #1 on the U.S. or U.K. charts the day you were born (mine was "The Streak" by Ray Stevens (U.S.) and "Sugar Baby Love" by The Rubettes (UK) -- two songs I've never heard of).

The site also encourages you to look up your "life's theme," which is the song that was No. 1 on your 18th birthday -- mine was "Jump" by Kris Kross (U.S.) and "Please Don't Go/Game Boy" by K.W.S. (UK).

Check it out.

3 Comments:

  • Some song I've never heard of was No. 1 the day I was born. Some song whose name I won't repeat because it involves Mariah Carey is apparently my life's theme.

    No wonder my life sucks.

    By Blogger Bich, at 9/13/2006 9:10 PM  

  • My life theme is Say, Say, Say by Jacko and Sir Paul. CRAP and the English charts No. 1 song is Day Tripper by the Beatles. As for the US, it's Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkle.

    Dude, you've never heard "The Streak?" What the hell is wrong with you.

    As for Kris Kross, does anyone remember when they caused a near riot in Belmar?

    By Blogger Joependleton, at 9/15/2006 3:25 AM  

  • You think that's bad ... my life's theme song is "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion. (The British one is "How Deep Is Your Love" by Take That ... God, how bad was '90s music?!)

    As for the day I was born, it was "Night Fever" by the Bee Gees in the U.S. and "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 9/15/2006 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home