My Two Cents

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Rocket Fuel

I hate Roger Clemens.

But that's not news.

I think I've hated Roger Clemens since he was a Red Sox hurler in 1986, grinning, laughing and high-fiving in the Boston dugout in the waning moments of Game 6 of the World Series. Y'know, right before Stanley to Mookie to Buckner to pandamonium at the House of the Holy in Flushing.

But when Clemens, the head-hunting, lying, cheating, 'roid-shooting, redneck, beaned Mike Piazza in 2000, and then followed it up with the bat-throwing incident in the World Series that season, well, my hatred was taken to a whole new level, beyond even my hatred for Larry "Chipper" Jones.

Frankly, I wished Clemens would just die. And not quickly. Like in a farming accident.

And while, for me, Clemens' name on the Mitchell Report was a wet dream cum true in its own right, Friday morning's headline in The Trentonian made me as giddy as a school girl.

Sure, The Trentonian is a rag -- they of the Page 6 Girls and the "Roasted Nuts" headline after a fire at a mental institution -- but, to me, the destruction of my enemies -- not to mention the height of shtick -- has always trumped my desire for responsible journalism.

God bless the First Amendment.


2 Comments:

  • This whole turn of events for Roger is very...satisfying isn't it? I mean, c'mon look at the size of the guy's head. If he didn't take roids, I'm afraid for his children....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2008 3:06 PM  

  • I'm afraid for his children regardless. Their father is Roger Clemens. Who's to say the first time one of his kids breaks curfew daddy doesn't hurl a baseball at the kid's head at 95 MPH??

    By Blogger SJPSandman, at 1/08/2008 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home