My Two Cents

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Need more Ozzy

I've been asked, from time to time, who my favorite actor and actress are. And while I've never really been able to answer that question definitively, one thespian that has always been near the top of my list is Christopher Walken.

I have always been able to say with confidence, however, that Ozzy Osbourne is a living God. So I think it's apparent why the following bit of news tickled my fancy.

Christopher Walken has agreed to play the ultimate bad-boy rocker -- Ozzy Osbourne. Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil told ABC News Radio in an exclusive interview that the 63-year-old Oscar-winning actor will make a cameo appearance as Osbourne in "The Dirt", a movie based on the band's controversial 2001 autobiography. "How funny is that going to be," Neil told ABC's Al Mancini at the opening of Vince Neil Ink, the singer's new tattoo parlor in Las Vegas. Walken's press representatives did not immediately return a call to ABCNews.com for comment.
(abcnews.com)

And no, the character Walken played in the famous SNL "more cowbell" skit, Bruce Dickinson, was not the Iron Maiden lead singer of the same name.

2 Comments:

  • Cat,

    Walken is a terrific choice.

    He shared an excellent scene with my No. 1, Mr. Bob DeNiro, at the end of The Deer Hunter.

    I have only watched it a handful of times because, well, a) it's a really long movie, and b) that Russian roulette scene at the end is pretty gut-twisting.

    Walken does a hell of a job.

    By Blogger Pete, at 11/17/2006 10:42 AM  

  • Cat, where are you?

    By Blogger Pete, at 11/30/2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home