My Two Cents

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

ROCK OF AGES

So I saw Def Leppard and Journey at the PNC Bank, Garden State, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Ahmeds Falafel House Arts Center this evening, and let me tell you, Def Lep has not skipped a beat in 25 years! This was my third time seeing them in concert and they get better every time, it seems.

Though they didn’t play my favorite song, “Foolin,” they still rocked the mother effing house.

Journey, fronted by Steve Augeri these days and not Steve Perry, was ok. Augeri does sound a lot like Perry, but they didn’t have the umph I expected. I was kind of disappointed, being it was my first time ever seeing Journey play live.

To top it off, they didn't even play "Open Arms," as well as several other key tunes you would expect to hear, so I was not too thrilled with Neil Schoen and his pals.

We got there early and had a low-key tailgate, just drinks and whatever food we bought along, no grilling. Since I haven't been eating much other than salad lately (Atkins sucks), my stomach was pretty empty, and six Captain and diet cokes in those big solo cups really lit me up.

Still, I sobered up enough by the time Journey played its second or third song to enjoy the how.

What did suck, however, was that three or four songs into Def Leppard's set, my fucking glasses broke (the screw popped out and one of the lenses fell). After flagging down one of the ushers for a flashlight and finding the lense, I pretty much had to watch the rest of the show without glasses on, which wasn't too bad, but not great. Luckily I had some scotch tape in the car, so I was able to do a temp repair job.

I will have to get one of those eyeglass repair kits in the morning on the way to work.

In other news, I’m almost finished with the granddaddy of all blogs. I hope to have it up sometimes within the next few days.

I’ve tipped off a couple of you what I’ve been working on, but as for the rest of you, all I’ll say is it’s of a musical nature.

4 Comments:

  • It's too bad Journey wasn't accepting offers of replacement singers from the audience.

    By Blogger jersey girl, at 6/28/2006 10:40 AM  

  • Yeah, because the shit-faced Eric Griffith sitting next to me at the show would have done a bang-up job

    By Blogger SJPSandman, at 6/28/2006 5:50 PM  

  • Shit-faced as in drunk or shit-faced as in having a bad seat and having to stare at Uranus the entire concert?

    By Blogger Todd Cohen, at 6/28/2006 6:04 PM  

  • Sandman, I;m really interested in reading your blog about music. Anyone that would waste a summer night seeing a bunch of has-beens and Steve Perry imitators must have some taste in music.

    I can't wait.

    By Blogger Joependleton, at 6/29/2006 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home